Kangaroo Wallaby II Sewing Cabinet
- Three-position hydraulic lift:
- Moves your machine into three positions: free arm, flatbed, and storage
- Designed with a gas strut mechanism.
- Gas struts work by forcing, under pressure, an inert gas (Nitrogen) into a cylinder. When the rod is compressed into the cylinder, the internal pressure, and the output force increase according to the volume displaced by the rod. Making it easier to lift the heaviest of machines.
- Quilt leaf stored on the back of the cabinet expands your workspace and prevents large quilts or large pieces of fabric from pulling and ending up on the floor
- Plenty of storage:
- Three shelves with 33 spool holders
- Door tray to hold magazines, patterns, or extra fabric
- Drawer for storing notions and other small accessories
- The hideaway cubby is perfect for sergers or baskets of fabric
- Cubby Width: 13 ¼
- Cubby Depth: 14 ¾
- Cubby Height: 15 ½
- Locking industrial casters for portability and stability
- Made from melamine laminate, MDF, and composite
- Optional Custom Machine Insert for a flush surface (sold separately)
- Kangaroo Sewing Furniture Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Available Finishes: Teak or Ash White
- Closed: 42 ¾" W x 19" D (front to back) x 30 ¼" H
- Open: 70" W x 59" D x 29 ½" H
Sewing Machines That Fit:
- Supports sewing machines up to 55 pounds
- Width: 23 ¾" (left to right)
- Depth: 12 ½" (front to back)
- Height: 14 ½"
*Please measure your machine and include knobs, plugs, etc. that extend beyond the body of the machine.
Assembly instructions are included with the cabinet.
For assembly, you"ll need:
- Phillips screwdriver with #2 head or power screwdriver
- Hammer or mallet
- Adjustable wrench
- Small drill bit (1/16) to help pre-drill holes
We are aware of the following sewing machines that are too large to fit into the Kangaroo Wallaby II model (K8405 Teak and K8411 Ash White)
- Baby Lock- Destiny Solaris
- Brother- Dream VX8500D Luminaire Innov-is XP1
- Elna- 920 eXpressive
- Janome- Horizon Memory Craft 15,000
- Please note: The Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15,000 fits the platform of the cabinet in flatbed position (a custom insert is available) but you will have to move the sewing machine from right to left to lower into the storage position because of the extension of the front support leg of the machine. Also, the knee lifter lever cannot be used with a sewing cabinet due to the length of the lever and how the machine sits on the platform in the flatbed position.
The above are the known machines that do not fit properly. Please be advised that this list may change as new models are introduced. It is extremely important to measure your machine before ordering to make sure it will fit.
- Cabinet ships in four boxes
- Weighs a total of 170 pounds
- Arrow determines shipping carrier, FedEx, or UPS
- Cabinets, tables, and chairs cannot be shipped to a PO Box
- If ordered, a custom insert will be shipped separately and delivered three-four weeks later